Machester Press

In essence, Manchester Press epitmoses all that is Melbourne. Laneways, good coffee, and a total New York wannabe.

I was invited to have brunch here with a friend who's knowledge of good food and coffee in Melbourne far surpasses my own. Of course I would trust her judgement. So when she took me down this grungey looking alleyway, rather than fear for my life, I was giddy with excitement.


This perfect hole-in-the-wall cafe, neatly tucked away from the busy Elizabeth Street, is hard to notice at first, but this just adds to its charm and enhances the experience of finding this hidden gem.

Fruit and Nut Bagel topped with berry marscapone and pistachio


I didn't need to study the menu for long. Being a massive sweet-tooth, I was immediately drawn to the Fruit and Nut Bagel with berry marscapone. LOOK at how MUCH MARSCAPONE THEY GIVE YOU! It wasn't too sickly, and it's light and creamy texture was the perfect match to my lightly toasted bagel. Party in my mouth, I tell you.
I was salivating just reading it on the menu, and all throughout my meal, and even after I finished. 

12 hour roasted pulled pork with appleslaw
My friend, on the other hand, is more of a fan of the savoury - pulled pork in particular. She could not look past this 12 hour roasted, ever-so-moist-and-tender-and-JUICY pulled pork rendition, that was beautiful balanced with a sweet appleslaw, that made my tastebuds sing with happiness
The bagels range from $6 to $14, depending on how fancy you want to go for brunch. However, my belief is that you can always justify the price if the food is this amazing; and trust me - I will be back to try every other bagel on that menu.

Manchester Press
8 Rankins Lane,
Melbourne VIC 3000


Manchester Press on Urbanspoon

1 comments:

  1. Thanks! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/71/11764/Melbourne/Adventures-of-a-Melbourne-Girl.html

    Best,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete